It's been a while since I've uploaded anything, including all of my 2013 cosplays, among anything else! Let's see, since I got back from holiday in January, I worked 4 days a week, rehearsed 3 times a week for a local theatre's musical (Phantom of the Opera!), did a costume commission during March/April, made and altered costumes for Phantom of the Opera, left my day job, then performed 12 times in Phantom of the Opera for the first half of June...and then burnt out, got really sick and was bedridden for the 2nd half of June.
Then I spent the next week and a half finishing my Espella Cantabella cosplay that I had planned in January and started sewing in April!
Headed to the first con I've been able to attend for nine months, which was Oz Comic-Con last weekend. It's hard getting back into cosplaying when you haven't done it for a while, but I had a good day catching up with friends and test-running my Espella Cantabella cosplay in preparation for heading to AvCon Adelaide in just over a week.
I've now got my cosplay/costumery page up and running on Facebook, yay! As soon as I posted that last journal entry, I finally sat down and uploaded WIP photos of most of my completed costumes, because I take a lot of WIP photos when I'm making costumes and props, and it's nice to see the costume process from start to finish. It's also a way for me to document all my costume progress and not clog up my own Facebook page with photos.
Find my costume musings here at my page, Tanmei Costumery!
A comment from KatyMerry earlier today prompted me to reflect back on all the cosplays and costumes I have made and worn to various events during the last five years, and actually see how much I've grown with both my costumes and cosplay skills. I'm struggling to fit all of my costumes in my wardrobe now!
1. Purple Reign Ballgown, original design
2. C.C., Code Geass (CLAMP! artbook dress)
3. (not pictured) Tinkerbell, Peter Pan/Disney's Fairies
4. Flora Reinhold, Professor Layton and Pandora's Box/Unwound Future
5. 18th century gown, original design
6. Lia de Beaumont, Le Chevalier d'Eon
7. Alice Liddell, Alice: Madness Returns (Silk Maiden)
8. Christine Daae, The Phantom of the Opera (stage: Star Princess)
9. Kallen Stadtfeld, Code Geass (yellow prison dress)
10. Steampunk saloon lady, original design
11. Neria Surana/Elf Mage, Dragon Age: Origins (based on concept art by Jason Chan)
12. Antoinette, Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar
13. Ramona Flowers, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (movie: army green outfit)
14. Espella Cantabella, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Upcoming/planned for 2014, not in any particular order:
- Operetta, Monster High (original wave outfit)
- Brown steampunk bustle dress, original design...this was started in April 2013.
- Death Prophet, DOTA 2 (Regalia of the Mortal Coil)
Hopefully I'll be able to get these three completed - I'm now in a full time web designer/producer position, giving me only evenings and weekends to work on cosplay!